Please consider being part of your player's soccer experience by volunteering to coach. We are a volunteer run organization. We rely on volunteer parents to step into the role as coach. Can you (or two of you) offer this to these eager soccer players?
Here is the coach commitment:
- One 30 - 60 minute practice per week (depends on the age group and attention span of your team) and to attend and coach the games as per the schedule.
- Be responsible to coach each game on your schedule or ask a parent to cover for any you cannot attend.
- You must take the concussion course (as per USYSA reqirements)
- Attend our seasonal Coach's Meeting - typically 2 Saturdays before season start (or find someone to attend in your stead)
- Complete the background check (30 seconds - click click.)
The benefits of volunteering to coach are:
- You get to schedule when and where practices are.
- You get support and guidance from our DOC and our website with suggested modules for training and detailed info at our Coach's Meeting.
- You get a very nice coach's gift for your time and effort.
- You will be these soccer players' hero!
You may register as a volunteer by clicking here. If you need assistance, email email@example.com
I would like to thank all the volunteer coaches that allow our Club to function. As the Director of Coaching, I know you all pour hours of your personal time into helping the Club complete its mission. If you ever need any help with a training plan or idea, you can peruse the links on our site for "Training". If you need further assistance, please do not heisitate to reach out to me.
Thank you all for your committment to our players!
Renata Lawson, DOC
At Copper Mountain Soccer® we are committed to furthering our volunteer coach’s soccer education. We know that as we support our coaches, that we are also supporting our players. We encourage our recreation coaches to visit the Utah Youth Soccer Association website to receive more information on coach licensing: http://www.utahyouthsoccer.net/coaching_education/coaching_education/
Competition coaches must have, as a foundation, their Grass Roots License in order to coach. We have a great mentoring program within our club and encourage all coaches to further their knowledge base in the great game of soccer.
Reimbursement options are available for qualified coaches.