Copper Mountain Soccer is a year-round club designed to provide all players on each team a competitive environment both in training and in games. The commitment necessary for the team is a responsibility borne by both the player and family. Prior to accepting a potential position on the roster it is important that everyone agrees to and understands the commitment being made to the team for the benefit of all players on the team. Please feel free to talk directly to the Coach with any concerns or questions you might have in advance of accepting a place on the roster.
We recognize that the commitment required for competition soccer is not for everyone, but it is necessary for this team in order to allow players who do wish to move beyond a seasonal recreational commitment to move forward and be challenged. The commitment is to a year-round program beginning June 4, 2021 and continuing until May 28, 2022 with a focus on both the fall and spring seasons.
1. When placed on the roster, each player commits to being at all games unless they are ill, injured or have a major and unavoidable family event, etc. Tournament play can be an exception assuming the team can get a guest player.
2. While players may play multiple sports which may create occasional conflicts, players recognize that the commitment to the team is for at least two weekly soccer practices throughout the year along with games each week while in season.
Please arrive 20 minutes early to the first day of tryouts to check-in and get a tryout shirt. You will need to do the following:
- Complete the tryout registration for each player BEFORE showing up to the first day of tryouts.
- Pay for a $10 tryout shirt that will be required for each player trying out for a CMS team. Payment can be made through Venmo to @cmsoccer or payment can be brought to tryouts.
- Players must wear shinguards and cleats, bring a properly inflated soccer ball with their name on it, and plenty of water.
Coaches will be contacting players to let them know where they placed after tryouts, so results for tryouts will not be posted. This is a tedious process so please allow a couple of days for the coaches to reach everyone. If you have waited longer than two days, feel free to reach out to the coaches. However, three days is not out of the ordinary to wait to hear back since the process of building a roster can be delayed for several reasons. Thank you for trying out for a Copper Mountain team!
2021 Tryout Schedule
2013 (U9) THRU 2012 (U10) BIRTH YEAR PLAYERS
MAY 24TH - MAY 28TH
2011 (U11) THRU 2003 (U19) BIRTH YEAR PLAYERS
JUNE 1ST - JUNE 4TH
If you are interested in playing for one of our coaches or teams, please contact the coach directly to set up a time for an evaluation prior to tryouts. Please see the "Coach and Team Information" link for contact information.
Our club is committed to the safety of our players. Running tryouts means that we will be taking the following precautions:
· Players are encouraged to bring hand sanitizer to use at the commencement of tryout, during breaks and at the conclusion of the tryout session
· Players must bring their own water for use during tryout - there will be no sharing of water/drinks
· Parents must confirm player is symptom free before attending tryout and restrict player attendance if the answer is 'yes' to any question below
o Does the player have a temperature >= 38°C (100.4°F) or <= 35°C (95°F)?
o Is the player currently experiencing any symptoms including fever, cough, shortness of breath, lost sense of smell or taste, nausea/vomiting/diarrhea?
o Do you have anyone in your household that has tested positive for COVID-19, or exhibited a fever, cough, or shortness of breath?